Monday, September 23, 2013

Independent Component 1 Approval


1.  Describe in detail what you plan to do for your 30 hours.I plan to take a college class at Cal-Poly Pomona for my independent component. The class is a Junior level class and is taught by mentor Karen Russikoff. The class is called acquisition of Language. The class covers the development of the first language from birth through adolescence  Adult and child acquisition of second and subsequent languages. Linguistic, biological, and social factors that facilitate and retard language learning. Mrs. Edwards and Mrs. Ortega took this class when they were at Cal-Poly.

2.  Discuss how or what you will do to mee
t the expectation of showing 30 hours of evidence.
I will Provide a transcript of the class with the my grade on it.  I will also bring in any essays and/ or homework that I completed during the class.

3.  And explain how what you will be doing will help you explore your topic in more depth.
This class is one of the classes that people take when they are majoring in Linguistics. The class will give me a better understanding of how a language is acquired which is a big part of Linguistics.

No comments:

Post a Comment