Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Blog 4 Interview Preparation

1.  Who do you plan to interview?  Why?

I plan to interview either my mentor Karen Russikoff, UCLA Professor Kathleen Dahlgren or both of them. I plan to interview my mentor because she has a PHD in Linguistics from USC and I will also be taking her class this fall. I plan to interview Kathleen Dahlgren because she has a PHD in linguistics from UCLA and also is currently a adjunct professor at UCLA. Dahlgrens affiliation with UCLA is important to me because I would like to go to UCLA to study Linguistics; UCLA has the 3rd top Linguistics program in the world.


Prof         Karen Russikoff

Kathleen Dahlgresn                         Karen Russikoff

2.  You have to ask 5 questions.  What additional questions do you plan to ask? 

What inspired you to study the field of Linguistics? 
What Language do you find most fascinating?
Do you believe computational linguistics will help enhance artificial intelligence?
What job fields or careers are their for Linguists?

No comments:

Post a Comment